We believe the young people of today are hungry for something real – something that's true – that they can really believe in. Not just fun and games. So we’re very intentional about giving them the ultimate solid foundation – God’s inerrant Word and the life-transforming gospel of Jesus Christ. We have a ton of fun, but it’s all centered on our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Youth Ministry of Cornerstone Community Church exists to STUDY God’s Word with junior and senior high school students, BUILD meaningful relationships with one another, and EQUIP them to serve Jesus Christ.
Why We Do What We Do…
We do a lot to make our youth group fun, but that’s not our primary goal in the lives of young people. Our primary goal is to make mature disciples of Jesus Christ by 1) passionately presenting to them, by life and by word, the gospel of Jesus Christ, 2) teaching them how to study and apply God’s Word to their lives, 3) reach out to others in word and deed with the gospel of Christ and, in turn, help make disciples themselves through the local church and beyond.
Our youth ministry leadership team is committed to helping 7th through 12th grade students learn to love God and others, learn to joyfully obey God, and learn to serve Him. We offer lots of activities that help our youth grow in each of these areas.
Friday Night Youth Group Bible Study
We meet every Friday evening:
6:30 p.m. Prayer
7:00 – 9:00 p.m. A message from God’s Word and break-out discussion groups
9:00 – 11:30 p.m. Snacks, games, and hang-out
This is a great time of in-depth study of the Bible in both the large group (7th through 12th grade) and in the smaller break-out groups for 7th and 8th grade boys, 7th and 8th grade girls, 9th and 10th grade boys, 9th and 10th grade girls, 11th and 12th grade boys and 11th and 12th grade girls. We have a very dedicated group of 15 youth leaders.
Focus on the Cross
Each year we are involved in an event we call “Focus on the Cross”. We work with youth groups from several area churches for a day of life-changing messages on the gospel and its vital connection to every area of our lives. We also have an excellent band lead us in worship, great food, skits, and lots of fun fellowship.
Service and Outreach
God doesn’t call us as a church, or as youth group, to just sit in our holy huddle. We’re called to reach out to those who don’t know Christ, no matter what our age.
During the spring, summer, and fall, we work to reach our community in a variety of ways:
- We go to the inner city and offer practical help to single moms with house repairs, landscaping, painting, etc. – all in the name of Christ.
- We’re involved in our community’s Rake-n-Run (leaf raking) in the fall.
- Pastor Marty takes the youth to a public area and presents the gospel in a powerful and entertaining way. The youth participate as they talk with those who come and listen and pass out gospel tracts.
- Our teen mime team presents the message of the gospel through drama and human videos in nursing homes, the Cleveland City Mission, festivals, and other outreaches.
- Outreach in Chicago at the Pacific Garden Mission
Other fun stuff
- Up-n-Comers party each fall to welcome new 7th grade students to the youth group
- Cedar Point outing
- Hay ride in the fall and a visit to “Judgment House”
- Christmas party
- Cavaliers games
- Sledding and tubing
- Winter retreat
- And so on…
We encourage our youth to invite their non-churched friends to all of our events. We always try to include a testimony or gospel presentation at all our events as we celebrate the life-changing power of God in our lives!
For events that occur offsite, we need a completed
Parental Consent Form
for each teen. You can download it here